Sunday, June 14, 2009

Martin's Cove Trek

We had the opportunity to go to Martin's Cove, Sixth Crossing and Rock Creek Hallow on a handcart trek with our ward neighborhood. We took the girls along to make the experience more like the real thing. It was amazing! I echo the comment of one of our neighbors, this could've been in a swamp in the middle of the desert and we still would've gone because of the people that were there. We absolutely love our neighborhood and they're part of the reason the trek was so good.

If you don't know much about the Martin and Willie handcart companies that got trapped in a blizzard in Wyoming I highly reccomend reading up on your LDS history and then go and experience the spirit at these sacred and hallowed places. Here's some photos from our trek...

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

what an experience!! good for you guys!! Glad to see your alive!! We're coming around pioneer day...hopefully we can meet up for lunch or something!!

Chuck and Angie said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had a great time! Definitely an experience never to be forgotten! :)

T and A said...

wow that sounds crazy... fun (i think) you guys are great

Lyndi&Andy said...

I think I did part of this trek when I was younger. I agree that the experience was fun with that ward. I sure not only miss you guys, but that neighborhood ward, too! Oh btw we live in Salem, Oregon now and it's only an hour away from the beach! (FYI It's also by Silver Falls where they film parts of Twilight and they're filming the 3rd one right now!) Kaylee sure looks all grown up and way blonde. Ginger's hair is way cute! I tried cutting Ainsley's like hers. Also, I can't believe that Chloe is already 1yr! Our little Arabella is 5mos. now. Time sure flies when you're the mother. Oh I'm also going to have to show Ainsley the princess festival pics. That looks so fun and she is way into all of that now. Also I was so excited to see all the work that has been done on your house! It looks great and just like a cute little cottage. Well I'm glad to see you started blogging again and to see your beautiful family. Take care.

Michael / Katherine said...

What an amazing experience for all. Thank you for sharing and the reminder of the sacrifices made on so that I might have the gospel today. Katherine Scott Bailey