Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yard Sale


On Friday night Sarah and I were cleaning out our garage and back patio (or should I say storage shed with no walls). I told Sarah "someday we are going to get tired of storing all this "stuff" and we will have a yard sale and get rid of it. So about 15 minutes later I told Sarah that it was time. So we went through everything and pulled everything out that we haven't used in the last year or more. We filled our entire carport with "stuff".
The Sale went very well. I got up early for the die hard buyers and put all the "stuff" out. Sarah sold all of her "stuff" for dirt cheap. I don't think she sold anything for more then a dollar. She sold all the toys and kid clothes for only 25 cents. I had fun bartering with people. The best deal of the day was a guy who was looking at some fabric that Sarah had. He asked me "How much?" I said "Two dollars". Then he kept adding more fabric to the pile and the price went back and forth and he ended up buying all the fabric on the blanket and even the old blanket it was all lying on.This same guy ended up spending about $50 at our sale. At noon we had made $130 and it was about 130 degrees or at least it felt like it so we packed up and took the rest of the "stuff" to the thrift store.
With our money we purchased some pavers to go under our fire pit and some wood for a hammock stand Sarah has commished me to make.
The girls did good with selling their stuff. The did end up taking a few things back
The water was a good idea but we didn't sell a single bottle! We drank it though.
We wanted to sell this stroller but Ginger hung out in it the entire time. She loves to play "Baby"

3 comments:

Jana said...

Sam, we can tell you're on vacation, you have the trademark "Firefigher On Vacation Facial Hair"!!! Sweet!

Valorie Johnston said...

Hi Sam and Sarah...Wish I could have been there I love YARD SALES!...not so much the throwing them parts!

Unknown said...

OH Yard Sales----we know all about them and how much work they are--fun fun!! HEy go check out my blog--I found pics of last years Welsh fesitval and there are pics of you guys and Matt---kinda fun! Love your pics and cute little family---darling--CHole is a doll!!
See ya--Heidi