Sunday, May 4, 2008




So Sam got me hooked. I have to say this blogging thing is pretty nifty and as Sam mentioned to me earlier, it's kind of like a family history journal, so I don't feel so bad doing this on a Sunday. Any way, we all stayed home from church today because 3 of the 4 of us were sick, and I'm being Dr. Mom today. But I really haven't done much, since I'm hooked on doing this blog. It's actually all I've done today besides make breakfast. :)


Kaylee and Ginger are resting in bed, watching movies. Their favorite movie is actually Phantom of the Opera, which I don't mind at all since Gerard Butler makes a great Phantom. I keep trying to get a costume for Sam but he says he won't wear it. Too bad!


This past week has been a bit crazy with the baby. We found out that my body is now developing the antibody D, which in Rh - moms isn't good. It attacks the babies blood, which can make it anemic, have a heart attack from stress on it's heart, and cause brain damage from lack of oxygen. We've been monitoring it from the beginning and it's always been the lowest it could be until 2 weeks ago. We got the blood test back on Monday, and I was discharged from my midwife's care because she's a direct-entry midwife, not a certified nurse midwife. I'm now high-risk, so I'm going to a well liked obgyn in my area. I haven't met him yet, but a lot of women I trust recommended him. Wednesday and Thursday I spent most of the day at the perinatologist's office in Salt Lake. He's been monitoring us with ultrasounds every month or two weeks this whole time, depending on how high the baby's blood volume is. If it's high, it suggests anemia in the baby. Wednesday and Thursday it was high enough for amniocentesis, which we did on Thursday. The amnio can tell us two things, if the lungs are mature and can count the billirubin levels which tells us how anemic the baby is. So far we know the babies lungs are mature enough to be born if need be. We're still waiting on the billirubin levels because they did the wrong test. Hopefully we'll have results on Monday. From there we'll know whether or not the baby needs to be delivered now or if we can monitor the baby until it comes on it's own. We know that everything will be fine with whatever happens and we're excited the baby can come at anytime! We're soooo not ready, I don't have a cradle or anything out yet, but hopefully I have some time this week!


If you didn't know already we're looking for a house. We'll move probably sometime in June when Sam has vacation lined up. So if you come to visit us, you'll need a new map.
Well Sam says I'm rambling so I should go before I bore you all and you never visit us again. Let us know if you have a blog and we'll add you to our links!


1 comment:

Jennifer Barnes said...

Sweetie you are too cute! Congrats on the blog. Good luck on keeping it up without spending too much time on it. It will be fun to see the pictures of the kids though.